The Digital Payment has been growing in a significant way after the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, with the advanced technology we can now easily transfer money to our near and dear friend very securely.
Here are the features and comparison of these two Digital Wallets. Hope you will like it.
What is Google Pay?
Google pay was named Tez till May 2018, later they have changed their name from Tez to Google pay in the year 2019. Google pay is a Digital Wallet initially developed for Android pay to power up in-app and tap to pay purchase on android mobile phones.
Google Pay, a simple and secure payment app by Google. Enter my code ed1o53q – just before your first payment. Once your first payment is successful, you’ll get ₹21 cashback and a bonus welcome gift from Google worth up to ₹1,000.
How to install Google pay?
Installing Google pay is very simple. Just click on the link below in your mobile phone and follow the on screen instructions. If you send your first payment, you will earn a reward! Click here to download
If you open the link on your Desktop, you will see the following image which will say to open the same link from your mobile phone.
Features of Google pay
- Make UPI transfers or do mobile recharges, bills and payments to businesses with your bank account with Google Pay, a simple and secure payments app by Google.
- Join crores of Indians who are using Google Pay for all their payment needs. Refer friends, get the latest offers and earn rewards as you pay.
- Multiple layers of security from your bank and Google
Your hard-earned money is kept safely in your bank account and you have control over money leaving your bank account*. With a world-class security system that helps detect fraud and hacking, we are committed to keeping your money safe and we work with your bank to protect your payment information, wherever you shop online or offline.
- Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN, and you can safeguard your account with a device lock method such as your fingerprint.
- Google Pay works with all banks in India that support BHIM UPI.
- Conveniently pay water, broadband, electricity, landline, gas bills and more. You only need to link your biller accounts once, we remind you thereon to pay your bill with just a few taps. Google Pay works with billers across the country.
- Find the latest prepaid recharge plans and easily recharge your mobile plan. Recharge any prepaid mobile in fewer steps. Find the best and latest recharge plans as well as repeat recharge in one tap.
- You can also recharge your DTH connections across all providers.
- Check your bank account balance. No need to visit the bank or ATM to see your bank balance, quickly view your bank account balance anytime, easily.
- Get rewarded: Refer friends, get offers and earn cash rewards into your bank account as you pay.
- QR code payments: Pay by phone through the QR code scanner at your favorite offline neighbourhood shops and merchants.
- Book flights, bus tickets and order meals: order your favourite food and book your travel easily within the app. Partners include Zomato, redBus, Goibibo, MakeMyTrip etc.
- Fast & secure payments with your debit and credit cards: You can add and link your debit and credit cards on Google Pay and use them for:
– Online payments (mobile recharges or at your favorite online merchants apps like Myntra). When you checkout, look for the Google Pay logo or use your Google Pay UPI ID.
– Offline payments (at offline shops by tapping your phone on NFC terminals)
- Service is rolling out across bank issuers and card network providers. Currently available to Visa cards from Axis Bank (Credit/Debit), HDFC Bank (Credit/Debit), ICICI Bank (Credit), SBI (Credit), and SCB (Credit/Debit)
- Book IRCTC train tickets: All you need is your IRCTC account and Google Pay can handle the rest with support for Tatkal bookings and instant refunds!
- Buy, sell, gift, and earn 24K Gold: Trade gold securely with live market rates backed by MMTC-PAMP. Gold is securely deposited in your Gold Locker on Google Pay, or delivered as gold coins to your home. New! You can now also gift gold to friends and earn gold as Google Pay rewards.
- Pay online with Google Pay: Make payments on websites, apps or within the Google Pay app. When you checkout, look for the Google Pay logo or use your Google Pay UPI ID.
- Send and receive money directly from your bank account to any bank account, including those who are not on Google Pay, via UPI transfers
- There’s no need to worry about reloading wallets and you don’t need to do additional KYC.
- Using NPCI’s (National Payments Corporation of India) BHIM Unified Payments Interface (BHIM UPI), money transfers are simple & secure with Google Pay. You must have an Indian bank account with a phone number linked to it to use this version of Google Pay.
What is PhonePe?
PhonePe is a Bangalore based Indian Digital Wallet and online payment company founded in the year Dec, 2015 by Sameer Nigam, Rahul Chari and Burzin Engineer. The PhonePe app, based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), went live in August 2016.
PhonePe has 218 million active users currently and revenue 42.79 crore (US $6.0 million) in the Financial Year (FY) 2018-19.
PhonePe has made payments from home easy for me. You should try it too. It’s instant & 100% Safe. You can send money, recharge, pay all your bills & do much more without stepping out.
How to install PhonePe?
Click here & install PhonePe – (Note: Please open the link from your mobile phone)
Features of PhonePe
PhonePe is a payments app that allows you to use BHIM UPI, your credit card and debit card or wallet to recharge your mobile phone, pay all your utility bills and also make instant payments at your favourite offline and online stores. You can also invest in mutual funds and buy insurance products on PhonePe.
Link your bank account on PhonePe and transfer money with BHIM UPI instantly! The PhonePe app is safe and secure, meets all your payment and banking needs, and is much better than Internet banking.
Things you can do on the PhonePe app:
- Transfer money with BHIM UPI: Send and request money from your contacts anytime, anywhere. You can instantly transfer money to any mobile number with UPI and also send money to any bank account using a IFSC code. You can also check your account balance, save beneficiaries & manage multiple bank accounts across banks like SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC bank, Bank of Baroda & 140+ banks.
- Recharge your mobile and DTH connection safely from home: Recharge your prepaid mobile for operators like Jio, Vodafone, Airtel, Idea. You can also recharge your Datacard/DTH connections across leading providers like Tata Sky, SUN Direct, Airtel Direct, Videocon D2H.
- Pay your Credit Card Bills: Pay credit card bills for Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Rupay & Diners.
- Pay Utility Bills: Pay landline bills across Airtel, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, MTNL, Reliance & electricity bills across 180+ billers like BESCOM, BSES, IGL, TNEB, MSEDCL. You can also pay your water, gas and broadband bills on PhonePe. What’s more? You can set Autopay and opt for recurring monthly bill payments using your credit card & never miss a bill payment again.
- Use your favourite Apps on PhonePe Switch: Use your favourite food, travel, shopping & grocery Apps on ‘PhonePe Switch’, without downloading them. Order food on Domino’s, Faasos, eat.fit, Box8 and more food apps. Make travel bookings, shop, play & do more!
- Insure your health & more: Insure yourself & your loved ones against hospitalization expenses with Insurance plans starting at Rs.199 only. Stepping out to buy essentials or going to another city? Get insured for all rail, road & air travel In India with our Domestic multi-trip insurance.
- Buy and Sell Gold: Buy and sell 24K Gold at live market rates. The Gold you buy gets stored in a free and secure bank locker.
- Manage your Wealth with Mutual Funds: Invest in Super Funds & let experts manage your money! Grow your wealth with the right balance of Equity and Debt, and plan for a brighter future. You can also save tax quickly and easily by investing in Tax Saving Funds on PhonePe.
- Make easy online payments: Pay easily for electronics, mobiles, fashion, home and kitchen appliances across your favourite online shopping sites like Flipkart, Myntra.
- Make Safe, Contactless offline Payments: Pay safely at stores using the PhonePe QR and make safe, cashless payments while shopping for grocery, medicines & more. Pay at your neighbourhood kirana store and across your favourite food and shopping outlets like KFC, Bata, More, Star Bazaar, Cafe Coffee Day, Pantaloons etc.
- Buy PhonePe Gift Cards: Buy a PhonePe Gift Card for easy payments across 1 lakh+ leading offline and online outlets and across the PhonePe app.
- Manage your refunds: Manage and track refunds from your favourite shopping websites on PhonePe
Both Digital Payments are excellent in their way of working. Both are secure and safe for any digital payment nowadays. I have seen many people fear using any Digital Payments because of a lack of knowledge. But when you will start using these Digital Payments you will fall in love and it will simplify your many complex jobs. I have also written an article on how to monetize your blog using Google AdSense.
I have already listed out the features, pros, and cons of digital wallets. So, my recommendation is that please start using these apps and do let us know in the comment section which one do you love the most.