Rivers & Christian
West Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Fri, Mar 12 ’21Posted on:
Rivers & Christian is an established practice, spanning Architecture, Interiors, Planning and Project Management. We are currently seeking an experienced BIM Manager to join our team.
The Practice: With over forty years of experience and project presence in every major airport in the State of California, and several nationally, the professionals of Rivers & Christian are experts in providing architectural services to the aviation industry. Recent projects include long range terminal master planning, technology improvement projects, major terminal renovation and expansion projects, as well as ground up general aviation facilities. We have an extensive portfolio of commercial projects, with a special focus on Type I buildings.
Responsibilities & Qualifications: Full-time professional with 3 to 5 years of experience. The primary responsibility is to manage and coordinate BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement on all related BIM projects, files and models. Additionally, this position will be responsible for setting up all Revit projects within company standards and assisting with advanced modeling as needed throughout project lifespans.
- Establish, develop, and implement design technology workflows within and beyond Revit
- Create and maintain project-specific and office-wide parametric content
- Assemble the initial master model and set up initial file structure of the model folders (also known as model directories) and establish conventions for naming project files
- Establish elevations and the point of origin (or insertion point) for all models
- Actively engage with design teams to troubleshoot and ensure best BIM practices are being followed
- Actively monitor and streamline Revit models
- Confirm that the model files of all project components align properly and can be inserted properly into the master model file
- Perform interference/clash-detection checks. Generating clash detection reports
- Resolve any model alignment or coordination issues
- Maintain the model throughout the project
- Facilitate coordination meetings
- Assist teams with 3D coordination, energy analysis, interoperability, and other BIM-specific workflows
- Educate staff in Revit and related architectural software
- BIM Manager will be responsible for acting as a mentor to our Design Team Members on best practices of Revit while moving through the lifecycle of a project.
- Degree in Architecture or related field, bachelor’s degree or higher (required)
- Revit, with a minimum of 3-5 years Revit project experience (required)
- Knowledge of architectural design and the basics of architectural drawing set production and 3D coordination
- Portfolio demonstrating work in Revit and Revit Family Editor
- Must be organized, structured, and detail-oriented
- Expert level Revit modeling skills including wall types, furniture, lighting, symbols, tags, etc.
- Attentive to detail and schedule
- Abilities in 3D modeling (Rhino, Sketchup) and rendering (Vray, 3dsMax) as well as Adobe Creative Suite for design
Candidates possessing the above qualifications will be especially valued as the nature of our work requires us to shift roles and responsibilities as projects demand. Flexibility and a broad professional interest from the conceptual to the technical are key.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary. (scale available upon request)
- Employer-paid PPO medical insurance, life insurance
- Optional participation in vision, dental, FSA, Aflac and 401(k) plans.
- Profit sharing plan.
- Paid vacation time, sick time, and holidays.
- Paid monthly parking permit for office building.
- A studio environment, in which employee contributions are highly valued and collaboration is encouraged.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and work samples AS A SINGLE PDF document with Subject line “BIM Manager” to [email protected].
Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
Rivers & Christian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rivers & Christian participates in E-verify.