Monetize a blog with Google Adsense
Congratulations, that you have created your first blog and followed your passion. If you have not read this article on how to start. Now, it’s time to turn your passion into profit, meaning it’s time to know How to monetize a blog with Google Adsense.
When we start a blog our first motive is to earn money out of that. Earning money from the internet is not a big deal, but for that, we need to be very serious about our work. You need to be a hard worker. It’s not like that you start a blog and after a few that your income will start.
You know, it took me more than six month to earn my first dollar from the internet.
Once you start writing on your blog, you need to be punctual, and disciplined. It’s like nurturing a mango tree, the more you nurture your tree the sooner it will grow and after a few years later it will give you the fruits. For that, you have to be very patient and continue working on your dream.
Once you get your mangoes now you need to sell those to the market for earning and for that you need to advertise your mangoes. That they are the best.
Similarly, a blog is like a mango tree, you put your efforts day and night, working on various strategies, get your audience’s attention, and get lots of traffic to your site. It’s time to sell. Now where to sell it?
Google adsense gives you this opportunity to put advertisements on your blog based on your contents.
What is Adsense?
Adsense is a product of Google and it’s a set of instructions or a program that lets publishers Blog like www.debajitadhikary.com serve automatic Text, Image, video or Interactive Media advertisement targeted for that particular interested audience.
In simple words AdSense is a free, simple way to earn money by placing ads on your website
If you notice in my blog there are few ads running currently, it depends on the content of that blog and the person’s interest.
Example of adsense
Adsense is the popular way of earning money online and because of it is a product of Google people rely on it. There are almost 2 million people who have chosen AdSense for their income source. Most of the Bloggers are dependent on Adsense. In 2015, Google paid out nearly $10B to their publishers. That’s the power of AdSense.
If your Blog is approved by Adsense only then you can put ads on your blog. You can earn from Adsense in two different ways.
- Impression: Impression means how many people view your ads daily. Depending on that adsense pays you. You can earn $1 in 1000 impression average.
- Clicks: meaning how many users clicks on the ads. The more clicks the more money you can earn.
What are the Benefits of Adsense?
- The Right ads for your audience: It’s not like that your niche blog is about Education and Google is showing ads about Health-related. Based on your content it will show ads.
- Review ads: All the Ads are reviewed to ensure they’re high quality and relevant to your content or audience, even when viewed on smartphones and tablets
- You have full control: You can Block ads you don’t like, You can customize where ads should appear, and choose which types fit your blog best looking.
- Highest paying ads: Only the highest paying ads go live meaning a network of online advertisers who are bidding for your ad space so you get the most for your ads.
You can join Adsense here and ask for approval and monetize a blog with Google Adsense.
How does Adsense work?
You first need to know Advertisers and Publishers. Advertisers are those whose ads we see on the blog and the publishers are those who want to show these ads in their blog or website.
In the above picture Godady is the the advertiser and my blog, i am the publishers
If you want to give ads to a particular company in your site it is not possible to talk to them directly. And this way how many companies you are going to talk to. So Google also launched a product called Google Adwords where all the big companies who want to promote their products worldwide can register and can give their ads by paying Google.
Every company or product has a Keyword through which people search on Google. If the Keyword that users searches on google and the same Keyword is in your blog, then it will show ads related to that particular product or company.
When Google robots crawl your site and find a Keyword , it then matches to Adwords Advertisers & shows ads of that product.
It is very easy to use Adsense in your blog using these 5 steps and monetize a blog with Google Adsense
Step 1: Selecting an Ads type:
You can choose from a lot of options Google has given in the adsense dashboard. Ad type for example text Ads, Image or Display ads or Mix of Two, Link unit etc. More option meaning more opportunity to earn
Step 2: Set up the Setting
Once you finalize the ads type that you want to show, it’s time to set up the settings
Step 3: Placement
You can choose exactly where to appear in the ads in your blog. You just need to copy & paste the code that adsense gives you during the set up.
Step 4: Watch the ads
Based on the bidding of the Advertisers for your ad space in a real-time auction the highest paying ads go live on your Blog.
Step 5: Show me the money
Once you cross the payment threshold ($100) of the Google adsense they will release the check or transfer the amount directly to your bank account in Dollars when ads are seen or clicked, you’ll automatically earn money..
How Google shows you ads?
This ad may be based on:
- General factors about the placement of the ad, agreed upon by the publisher (e.g. website, app) and the advertiser
- Information collected by the publisher. The publisher partners with Google to show ads
- Websites that you’ve visited
- Website cookies
PS: You can also stop seeing these ads clicking on the small i button on the top right corner of every Google Ads.
How to get Adsense approval?
As you know Adsense is a CPC (Cost per Click) and CPM (Cost per thousand Impression) based network. For new bloggers it’s a dream that how soon they get an approval from Adsense. But it’s not so easy these days due to COVID-19 pandemic. Many employees are off duty and the few are doing manually will take some time to approve your adsense account if you apply now.
There are many Adsense like advertisement networks available in the market but Adsense gives you good money from other networks. And that’s the reason many bloggers prefer adsense.
Many bloggers do not get approval because they don’t follow the rules. Once you know the tricks on How to get Adsense approval you will too say that it’s very easy.
When I first applied for an Adsense I got rejected too. Later I learned where I was wrong and fixed that. If you follow these tips and tricks your first attempt may succeed to get approval from Google Adsense and you can make your blog a cash cow. So, Let’s start
- Content is the King: meaning, if your content is 100% original, High quality, and no copy-paste, you have 90% surety that you will get the approval of your Adsense account soon. Many newbie bloggers think that if they can copy from other blogs and put in their content Google will approve AdSense. No, it’s a wrong practice and Google knows it better. Your every post must be at least 500 – 1000 words with 100% originality and must describe your article properly.
- Old is gold: The more aged your blog the more chances to get approval soon. What i mean to say is your blog domain must be at least 6 months old. Before that, if you apply, your application may be rejected by Adsense. But if you put more effort on quality and new contents Google may approve it soon.
- The number of posts: it’s not written anywhere that the How Many post should be written exactly to apply for Adsense. Many newbies asked this question: how many posts should there be? If you write article with 300-400 words you must write at least 40-50 article, if your article is 1000 words 20 posts is sufficient to apply. The more words in your article the more chance to get approval soon.
- Avoid writing illegal content: If your blog article is on adult content, drugs, hacking or abuse then forget to get approval from Adsense. Google doesn’t like it and if your article is on this topic remove it immediately and then apply.
- Don’t use Copyright materials: If you are using copyright materials in your blog that is an image or videos that don’t belong to you or have any copyright issue then chances are very few. You must use royalty FREE images or videos for your blog content.
- Search engine friendly: you must optimize your article according to Google search engine known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Write the meta title and description tag in your post always. So, when Google bots crawl your article they find the appropriate tag for that particular information only. For Meta tile 69 characters and 156 characters for Meta description including spaces. You can use Rankmath for your SEO set up.
- When to use Other Ads Networks: Adsense doesn’t support other ads networks, so if you are applying for Adsense then remove the other ads network before applying. This way you can increase the chances of getting approval soon.
- Good User interface design: Your blog structure should be nicely designed with proper heading, sidebar, header, and footer. Moreover, it should be mobile friendly and a user can easily navigate through your website properly. Don’t use useless images or videos which may affect the loading speed of your blog.
- Language support: There are a few languages that Google Adsense supports. So before writing do read their help page list of languages that AdSense supports.
Most bloggers/Publishers put significant effort into maximizing their AdSense income. If you follow the rules your chances of getting approval will be 90% and you can easily monetize a blog with Google Adsense.
- Produce good quality content that attracts and engages your audience
- Provides good user experience.
- Follow webmaster guidelines.
- Avoid flooding their website with advertisements.
- Do not try methods that encourage users to click ads.
- Google prohibits webmasters from using phrases like “Click on my AdSense ads” to increase click rates.
- The only phrases accepted are “Sponsored Links” and “Advertisements”.
- Do not link or redirect to websites with a poor reputation.
- Visitors are not the factors for approval for Adsense
- Don’t buy visitors
Google AdSense Mastery Guide by Harsh Agarwal (Founder of ShoutMeLoud.com). This is an extensive eBook that covers all aspects of Google AdSense. From beginner to pro, this eBook details everything that you need to get started making a handsome income from Google AdSense.
Google Adsense FAQ
What is Google Adsense?
Google Adsense is a product of Google and it’s a program that lets publishers Blog like www.debajitadhikary.com serve automatic Text, Image, video or Interactive Media advertisement targeted for that particular interested audience.
Why Google Adsense?
Google’s Adsense is the popular way of earning money online and because of it is a product of Google people rely on it. There are almost 2 million people who have chosen Adsense for their income source. Most of the Bloggers are dependent on Adsense. In 2015, Google paid out nearly $10B to their publishers. That’s the power of Adsense.
What is the Impression?
Impression means how many people view your ads daily. Depending on that Adsense pays you. You can earn a $1 in 1000 impression average. That’s why It is also known as Cost per thousand Impression
What is Cost per Click (CPC)?
Google Adsense is CPC ad network, meaning how many users clicks on the ads. The more clicks the more money you can earn.
How long it takes to get approval from Google Adsense?
If your content is 100% original, High quality and no copy paste, you have 90% surety that you will get approval of your Adsense account soon. Also, your every post must be at least 500 – 1000 words with 100% originality and must describe your article properly.
How many articles one should write for Google Adsense to get approval?
If you write article with 300-400 words you must write at-least 40-50 article, if your article is 1000 words 20 posts is sufficient to apply. The more words in your article the more chance to get approval soon