Panagora seeks a program manager responsible for ensuring the operational effectiveness and compliant implementation of activities. She/he will provide a broad range of project management, operations, budgeting, and technical support to prime and subcontracts. The manager will also take on new business and technical assignments according to company needs and individual expertise. The manager will work under the direction and supervision of the director and will serve as supervisor to associates. We are looking for managers with programmatic, budgeting, IDIQ subcontract administration and field team backstopping experience. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience with USAID regulations, practices, and full-cycle project management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support to field teams, including communications and responding to requests and adherence to contract requirements and government regulations
- Lead project start-up and close-out activities, develop and refine project management tools, resources, and processes
- Support the development and implementation of annual work plans; ensure timely and high-quality reviews and submissions of deliverables; Prepare scopes of work and monitoring service delivery
- Oversee financial management of assigned projects including developing, tracking, and updating budgets; monitoring monthly projections and actuals; obligated funds notifications; anticipate budget modifications and other financial matters
- Liaise with members of the home office project team on program implementation and facilitate communications with field teams, partners and clients on the status of ongoing activities, manage compliance to scope and reporting requirements
- Recruit, obtain approvals and orient long- and short-term field consultants; prepare scopes of work and monitoring service delivery
- Support new business development including cost proposals, recruitment, partnering, research/writing, coordinating activities and other tasks as required
- Contribute to technical deliverables and carry out field assignments as required
- Identify issues or potential risks, consult with appropriate staff and make informed decisions on how to address issues, communicating when appropriate with senior management and/or president/CEO
- Supervise, develop and evaluate direct reports; provide regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and provide opportunities to develop professionally
- Bachelor’s degree is required in health, business, international development, or a relevant field
- 5-7 years of USAID project management or relevant work experience with international donors required
- Experience with global health, private sector health, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management desired
- Proven track record in various new business roles in a USAID context required
- Strong numeracy skills: ability to put together cost proposals and budgets
- At least two years supervisory experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Competent user of MS Office
- Demonstrated leadership skills, versatility, and integrity
- Experience living and working in a developing country strongly preferred
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred
Reporting to: Practice Director: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning, and Adapting
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.