The African Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) is an advocacy and networking platform for Christian Health Associations (CHAs) and Church Health Networks from Sub-Saharan Africa established through a declaration of commitment by the 3rd Africa Christian Health Associations Biennial Conference held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania in January 2007. ACHAP brings together more than 40 national-level faith-based networks providing services in 32 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa to share resources, establish technical working groups, and provide ongoing training and technical assistance to its members.
ACHAP, in collaboration with Initiatives Chrétiennes pour la Promotion Humaine (ICPH), an NGO in Ivory Coast is anticipating to implement an NCD program in two districts of Central Ivory Coast subject to availability of funding. The project will involve both public and private health facilities and will involve screening and treatment for hypertension.
ACHAP is therefore seeking to recruit a highly qualified and experienced Project Manager for the anticipated project to lead project implementation.
Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire)
- The Project Manager will manage all project activities and also provide oversight for the project design, implementation, and coordinate all field level activities.
- He/She represents ACHAP on Project related matters both at local and national levels with Government Ministries and Agencies, the Donor and all other stakeholders.
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the project implementation team (staff, consultants and sub-project contractors).
- Conduct advocacy to all stakeholders to ensure buy-in, participation, and an enabling environment for project implementation.
- Manage and maintain good relations with stakeholders and health facilities.
- Manage the activities of the project to ensure high-quality project output within the specified time-frame and cost allocated for the project.
- Supervise and ensure timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Support the implementation of ACHAP NCD strategy.
- Develop communication tools, presentations, background information and reports.
- Contribute to the preparation and review of project reports, publications, proposals, and others, as required.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to all participating facilities.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Health-related discipline, or Social Sciences with a focus on public health. A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health, Programming and Project Management. This should be inclusive of a minimum of 2 years’ experience in designing and managing NCD projects
- Previous experience in a donor-funded environment will be an added advantage.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Côte d’Ivoire
Skills and Competency Required:
- The person must be fluent in both written and spoken English and French
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, decision making, advocacy and communication skills.
- A mature health programming professional with good experience in project management.
- Candidate should display strong leadership in integrating planning efforts across work units.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an added advantage.