Group Operations Solutions /Securities Operations IT provides project delivery capability into Group Operations towards our strategic end state, platforms, and processes. Cleared Derivatives Control IT are looking for an experienced senior Program/Project Manager to directly manage a project with the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) to deliver portfolio margining services and also provide broader Program Management leadership across a wider change portfolio.
This is a very high profile project to deliver large-scale liquidity benefits for the bank
The OCC serves as a central clearinghouse and regulator for listed options traded in the United States.
We are seeking a senior and experienced Project Manager to lead a significant new project in Cleared Derivatives Control domain.
We will establish a new OCC clearing member, ensure it will have complete clearing business which will be segregated from existing member to drive liquidity savings.
This is a front to back project requiring significant changes across upstream trade booking systems and the Option management platform in Group Operations – OPUS.
The broader Program Management leadership responsibilities cover a large scale global change portfolio in Cleared Derivatives that spans the internally managed platform and an additional change portfolio that’s managed with an external Utility Provider.
Project Management of the OCC Portfolio Margin project
• Drive scope analysis across OCC to the bank and upstream to downstream business areas.
• Engage all key stakeholders across Group Operations, Prime and downstream processes and establish project delivery governance
• Lead the global project delivery team across US, Europe, Asia (approx. 8-10 team members)
• Establish front to back project plans and timelines
• Manage project budgets and financial tracking throughout the project lifecycle
• Define and manage project resource plans
• Lead Business Analysis activities to ensure high quality requirements documentation and process flows
• Work with product owner and IT delivery lead for Functional requirement document draft and review
• Work with Scrum Master, Product Owner and team to groom backlog, Estimate level of effort, Identify and add dependencies
• Provide status reporting and be a knowledgeable face off to the senior stakeholders across Group Ops, IT and Business areas
• Manage and plan front to back testing strategy, ensure close alignment with impacted business functions Program Management of the Cleared Derivatives Operations BAU Book of Work
• Ensure high quality project management, RAID tracking, status reporting and financial management across the US Listed Derivatives Clearing BAU book of work
Change Management Oversight of a portfolio of projects delivered through an external Utility partners
• Manage a significant Cleared Derivatives change portfolio with an external Utility Services provider
• Drive strong change management standards, delivery focus and portfolio management oversight.
• Provide stakeholder management across sponsors and senior stakeholders
• Manage external relationships with Utility delivery partners to ensure transparency and successful outcomes
Across all projects/programs:
• Ensure project execution adheres to all bank’s standards and policies with strong governance and clear escalation
• Clearly articulate the progress being made towards delivery objectives. Where there are gaps or open issues, be able to provide the transparency to our stakeholders on the obstacles preventing progress. Actively manage the RAID log (Risks, Actions, Issues, Dependencies)
• Work as part of a global delivery team.
• Provide leadership of a small team of onshore Business Analysts, Product Owners
• Partner with other divisions, operations and technology departments to produce creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Provide support to key stakeholders with a commitment to deliver technology services that are functional, resilient and stable.
• More than 10 years of project management experience working in a challenging corporate environment with responsibility for defining and delivering projects into a global matrix organization
• Show tenacity when faced with opposition or a lack of progress. Demonstrate a willingness to try new approaches and seeks ways to break a stalemate when faced with different opinions.
• An impactful communicator who can factually summarize main issues and clearly articulate them to peers as well as a senior audience.
Professional and Technical Experience:
• Strong Program/Project Management and senior stakeholder management skills
• Experience of leading projects with offshore development teams and agile delivery models
• Experience liaising with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver solutions that meet business needs
• Program Management across extensive change portfolios with internal and external IT providers
• Listed Derivatives / Options domain knowledge, particularly in relation to Operations processing and the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) are desired