Getting SEO tips for Affiliate Marketing is not tough these days due to the availability of professionals and experienced bloggers and Youtubers but it is very important to implement it right.
This article will be dedicated to SEO and for those who want to implement all the basic and advanced setup for Search Engine Optimized affiliate marketing blog.
Before starting with definition let me tell you a story of my school life. In my school I was always a studious student with Roll no 2 from class 5 to 9th standard but I could not reach roll no 1 until I knew the tips.
For example, when our English teacher gives any easy to write I always get a lesser number from my topper friend. The reason is that I never write the easy thing that my teacher impressed and my topper friend always writes the easy thing in such a way that our teacher is impressed with his content.
When I analysed why I am getting a lesser number I found that our teacher has some criteria to evaluate the easy and my topper friend always writes those criteria and i did not.
Similarly, in SEO Google is the teacher they have some criteria set up and we bloggers need to follow those criteria to get our article ranked. Here you need to understand what your competitors are doing and your are not.
Here we will consider Google as the main search engine because of it’s 71% share in market
Now let’s start with the definition of SEO
Table of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of optimizing content, getting targeted traffic & increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website or blog through organic search (non Paid) engine results and improves site’s ranking.
It is an art of ranking high on a search engine in the unpaid section, also known as the organic listings to make them reach a high position in the search results of Google or other search engines
Common tasks associated with SEO include
- Creating high-quality content,
- Optimizing content around that specific keywords
- Building quality backlinks.
- Creating social presence
- Categorised according to post
Why is SEO important?
As per the data available on https://www.internetlivestats.com people conduct more than 3 billion searches on Google and i’m not saying anything of the other search engines.
Therefore, showing up on the first page of Google can be the deciding factor from a business point of view.
Moreover, the benefits of doing SEO are obvious:
- It’s free and the best part of SEO is
- Passive traffic to your website, month after month.
HOW does SEO Works?
When we type any keywords on google search it shows up some results as mentioned in the above pictures.
Out of that some are paid ads and most of them are organic searches. SEO takes a role on this organic search part.
A complex algorithm works in real time when we search anything on Google. It crowls thousand of thousand sites within a few microsecond based on the relevancy, keywords, authority and usefulness it shows the result we want.
Google’s algorithm can be divided into two categories: On-page SEO and Off-page SEO
What is On-Page SEO and Off page SEO?
It is very important to do On-page as well as Off-page SEO to impress Google search and get FREE traffic forever
|Sl||On-page SEO||Off-page SEO|
|1.||On-page SEO factors are all those small small things you can influence Google from within your actual website.||Off-page SEO factors are those activities that we perform outside your own website or blog|
|2.||These factors include Technical aspects (e.g. the quality of your code and site speed) and||These factors include links from other websites (backlink), social media attention etc|
|3.||Content-related aspects, like the structure of your website or the quality of the copy on your website likeTitle Tag, URL or permalink, Description , H1 Tag, Image Alt text||The more quality, relevant sites that link to your website, the higher your position in Google will be depending on the number of backlinks.|
|4.||On-page SEO is making sure Google can find your web pages so they can show them in the search results.||Off-page SEO are other channels use to promote like offline advertising|
|5.||On-page SEO Specifically, Google scans your page for specific words and phrases.||Off-page SEO checks how trustable and Authentic your website/blog|
|6.||It also involves having relevant, detailed, and useful content to the search phrases you’re trying to show up for.||Google determines the overall authority of your site by a mix of two kinds of authority that you can build Domain and Page authority.|
|7.||On-page SEO factors are easy to manage since it’s on your blog.||These off-page SEO factors can be rather difficult to influence.|
What is White Hat and Black Hat strategies
White hat Strategies
1. Relevant content
2. Well-labeled images
3. Complete sentences with good spelling and grammar
4. Standards compliant HTML
5. Unique and relevant page titles
Black Hat strategies
1. Duplicate content
2. Invisible text and stuffed keywords
3. Cloaking or redirecting the user to another site or page
4. Links from sites with non-relevant content
5. Not honest practice
Is there any software to check SEO?
I highly recommend Rankmath or Yoast SEO or AIO SEO tools for your SEO journey. These two tools are very popular and most professional bloggers will definitely recommend it.
Rank Math is a revolutionary SEO plugin that combines the features of many SEO tools in a single package & helps you multiply your traffic.
Rank Math WordPress SEO plugin will help you rank higher in search engines. Moreover it’s FREE version provides many useful tools.
Yoast SEO is the most complete WordPress SEO plugin. It handles the technical optimization of your site & assists with optimizing your content.
Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the Yoast SEO plugin.
All in One SEO Pack to optimize your WordPress site for SEO. It’s easy and works out of the box for beginners, and has advanced features and an API for developers.
It is one of the original WordPress SEO plugins, downloaded over 65,000,000 times since 2007.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO vs AIOSEO
SEO Tips for Affiliate Marketing
- SEO Tips for Basic SEO
- Make sure the focus keyword appears in the SEO post title too
- Make sure the focus keyword appears in the SEO description too
- Include the focus keyword in the slug (permalink) of this post.
- The first 10% of the content should contain the Focus Keyword preferably at the beginning.
- It is recommended to make the focus keyword appear in the post content too.
- The Minimum recommended content length should be 600 words.
- Additional SEO tips for Affiliate Marketing
- It is recommended to add the focus keyword as part of one or more subheadings in the content.
- It is recommended to add the focus keyword in the alt attribute of one or more images.
- There is no ideal keyword density percentage, but it should not be too high. The most important thing is to keep the copy natural.
- Permalink should be at most 75 characters long.
- linking to external resources helps visitors read more about a topic and prevents pogo sticking.
- PageRank Sculpting no longer works. Your posts should have a mix of nofollow and DoFollow links.
- Internal links decrease your bounce rate and improve SEO.
- Don’t use the same focus keywords again and again
- Title Readability SEO Tips
- The SEO page title should contain the Focus Keyword preferably at the beginning.
- Headlines with a strong emotional sentiment (positive or negative) tend to receive more clicks.
- Power Words are tried-and-true words that copywriters use to attract more clicks.
- Headlines with numbers are 36% more likely to generate clicks, according to research by Conductor.
- Content Readability SEO Tips
- Table of Contents help break down content into smaller, digestible chunks. It makes reading easier which in turn results in better rankings.
- Short paragraphs are easier to read and more pleasing to the eye. Long paragraphs scare the visitor, and they might result to SERPs looking for better readable content.
- Content with images and/or video feels more inviting to users. It also helps supplement your textual content.
- Pillar Content
- Select one or more Pillar Content posts for each post tag or category to show them in the Link Suggestions meta box.
- Launch a skyscraper post
- Focus Keyword
- Insert keywords you want to rank for. Try to attain 100/100 points for better chances of ranking.
- You can choose up to 5 focus keywords per post.
- Mobile Friendliness
- Mobile friendly architecture
- Page speed matters
- Design of blog
- HTTPS and SSL
- The blog must be HTTPS complines, meaning secure to put information
- And Encrypted, so that no one steal your data
- Fix Broken links
- Get more from internal links
Tips for hiring an SEO technician
SEO is all about improving the site’s organic ranking on Google and other search engines to get free traffic always and you can monetize your blog. I hope these SEO Tips for Affiliate Marketing will definitely help you boost your revenue.
The bottom line is you must follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines, use site audit tools and practice a holistic approach of SEO. Do not try to fool Google search engine as it knows more than us.
We need to do a sustainable long term strategy and have patience. The dream of becoming the first page of Google rank will come automatically, if we put continuous efforts for creating high quality content.
Google’s main mission is to get our online information that is our website or blog indexed and keep them in right place , so that it can be universally accessible and useful for all
- Rank math https://rankmath.com
- Yoast SEO https://yoast.com
- Moz https://moz.com
- Ahref blog https://ahrefs.com/
- Neilpatel https://neilpatel.com/
- Backlinko https://backlinko.com/
- Google support https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7451184?hl=en