- Prefer candour and debate over consensus and harmony
- Want to be rewarded for your accomplishments, not your actions
- Constantly seek new knowledge because of your enthusiastic curiosity
- Embrace accountability as an opportunity to shine
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Founded in 2002, Rosen designs and manufactures a variety of products used in the cabins of business and commercial jets. Headquartered in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, we serve such recognizable industry titans as Gulfstream, Textron, Aerion, Dassault and Bombardier.
While we realise we’re looking for the proverbial unicorn, we are also realists and very open to what the right fit person may bring.
Manages the development of the Cabin Management System software development for a new aircraft and supports technical direction for overall software system architecture and the associated research projects which will be adapted into future products. This position is located at our facility in Eugene, Oregon. Relocation assistance is available.
- Project management for software and human interface for an advanced cabin management system
- Develops roadmaps to evolve and update software for future intelligence and machine-learning capabilities
- Drives collaboration among team members and sub-tier suppliers in working towards a shared vision
- Translates system functionality into specific software requirements
- Creates storyboards of all the use-case scenarios
- Creates system block diagrams and functional block diagrams
- Works with hardware engineers to ensure hardware/software compatibility
Desired qualifications and critical skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering OR Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant professional experience. PMP or other project management certification desired
- Knowledge of smart home, IoT, and/or automotive systems
- Knowledge of PED interaction within home and/or automotive systems
- Knowledge of iOS, Linux, and Android architectures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Experience with budget, ROI, product financial margins and scope creep
- Experience with large and complex programs
- Capacity to thrive in a technical environment
- Engaged, inspired and effective communicator
- Strong leadership skills and experience on a self-directed work environment
- Strong ability to make presentations and communicate with internal and external customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Office, SharePoint, and ERP/MRP systems
In joining the Rosen team, you will surround yourself with like-minded colleagues, and enjoy our many workplace benefits, such as:
- Relocation assistance
- Profit sharing
- On-site exercise facility & healthy food programme
- Full suite of medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Employer paid life, disability, and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching benefit
- PTO accrual of up to 27 days, including holidays, starting at date of hire
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing just why you’d be the perfect candidate for this role and specifically what value you would bring to our organisation and our culture. We would also like to hear a little about you, the person behind the application and what makes you unique and interesting.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Rosen Aviation is a place where everyone can grow. So, whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Rosen is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.